Schizophrenic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 Man Horde Guild of Dragonmaw - EU

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hakaru - Tauren Balance Druid

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hakaru

Hakaru - Tauren Balance Druid Empty
PostSubject: Hakaru - Tauren Balance Druid   Hakaru - Tauren Balance Druid EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 7:33 pm

A. About You -

1. Name, age, where are you from and your occupation.

My name is Chris. I’m from Copenhagen, Denmark and I’m currently attending studies at the local High School.

2. Please tell us something interesting about yourself.

What? Interesting? Honestly, I am quite sure you’ve heard it all before - I enjoy the pleasant company of alchohol, music and girls. However, when I’m sober, I spend time with my friends playing music, being with my girlfriend and you guessed it; playing WoW. I’d deffine myself as being impulsive, steadfast and… Good looking.

3. The guild relies on information posted on our forums are you the type of person to seek out helpful information and share it with others?

Membership of my previous guild wouldn’t have been possible without commitment to the forums; thus, I figure myself as being the kind of a person who seek out helpful information indeed. I also stay ajour with the lattest and greatest about Balance via sites like Elitist Jerks.

4. Do you know anyone in the guild? Who and how do you know them?

I know the most of you – on a superficial level, obviously.

B. About Your Toon

Character Name, Class and Race: Hakaru, Tauren Druid.
Armory Link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonmaw/hakaru/advanced

1. Character Specs:
Main: Balance 32/3/6 (Single-target build)
Off: Balance 34/1/6 (AoE-build)

2. What is your rotation for single target?

- I start by applying Insect Swarm, Moonfire and casting Starsurge. Whenever either DoT falls off the target, or Starsurge comes off cooldown, I recast it.

- Then I Cast Starfire until until a Solar (Wrath) Eclipse procs, then switch to Wrath. Cast Wrath until a Lunar (Starfire) Eclipse procs, then switch back to Starfire.

- I Repeat this Eclipse cycle, always keeping my two DoT's on the target and using Starsurge, Starfall and Force of Nature on cooldown.

- Using my Synapse Springs along with Trinket procs OR during Eclipse.

3. Are you able to play your offspec as well as your main spec? Does your gear also support this?

As you might know, I’m currently running with two Balance specs, however, I am familiar with Restoration and can respec if needed. My gear partially support it, however, I have reforged spirit to hit, (as hit is also beneficial for my treants), which complicates further usage of the two different specs in a raid enviroment, however, this can be a subject to change, if needed.

4. Are you making a X-Realm transfer?

No, I’m not. I ain’t no fresh blood for ol’ Dragonmaw.

5. What is your reputation with Therazane?

Exalted. They love me, I tell you.

6. Do you play actively outside of raiding?

I do; I have several alts that I’m currently gearing up for a purpose unknown. Furthermore, I enjoy doing older content for mounts, achivements etc.

- C. About Guild -

1. Which previous guilds have you been in. If you are in one now why do you wish to leave?

My old friends hadn’t quitted the game just yet, and convinced me to start playing. My friends encouraged me to join the casual guild <Epic Fusion>. Epic Fusion was and still is to the present day, a casual guild, with a minimal focus of PVE. While being a great asset to me on a initial basis, it was way too casual for me. Eventually, this is the reason why I left. People simply didn't take initiative, responsibility as well as continually being late for the raids, which contributed greatly to my decision of departure.

I joined <Acraze> with an old friend of mine, in hope of better days.

Let’s just say that I didn’t get dissapointed. We began bashing heroic-modes immediately
and little could stop us. We had cleared 11/12 HC, 2 weeks after I had joined. We began progressing on LK HC. Very difficult fight; it was the challenge I’d been looking for. On the 118th attempt, we succeeded in killing Lich King (Heroic 10-player, if you wondered), and we embraced for Cataclysm. Cataclysm brought a lot of changes to our guild. A lot of the core-members quitted wow, and we replaced them, however, it did delay us quite a bit.

Trouble were uprising. The secondary groups weren’t satisfied with the progression-group being the main-focus. The progression group's core-members were split up between the two groups – and I ended up in what is formerly known as the secondary group. We never got things going. Honestly, it was quite painful. I didn’t feel like the efforts I was putting into raiding equaled the results we were getting. However, we brought new blood into our group and it preserved our poor results; however, I didn’t share ideals with these players. The friendly banter had been replaced by a more – strict tone, which in my oppinion, weren’t for the better. They were all removed from the guild, as they lacked discipline, which left the group in ruins. Adding my upcomming exams to the equation, things were looking dire. I quitted WoW for… 1 month. As I returned, not even the group known as the “progression-group” were raiding anymore. As a result, I applied to you in hope for greener grass on the other side.

3. Why do you want to join this guild?

To be fair, I’ve been observing you – the former core of Sleeping Disorder, for quite some time now. In truth, I’ve never had a bad experience in the hostile enviroment of PuG’ing with any of you – infact, I’ve only been positively suprised. Over time, I began thinking ; « if I was to find a new guild, this would be the place I’d go ». When I saw your were recruiting, I made my move.

- D. About Raiding -

1. Do you have enough time to prepare adequately for raiding?

Yes. Premeditation is very important to me. It’s important for me to be as well-prepared as possible. Getting flasks etc., during a raid is just slacky Sad

2. If your application is accepted. What kind of raider can we expect you to be? Give a brief description of your attitude towards raiding in both progression and farm content.

No matter if we’re bashing the brains out of Magmaw for the 947th time, or we’re wiping on Heroic Neffy for the 120th time, I can assure you; I put equal effort into either case.

3. What is your raiding experience Pre-BC? In BC? WoTLK? and current content? Please state your leadership/role/responsibility

Note: All stated raid-experience is relative; it doesn’t restrict to one character, and the given experience does restrict to the given expansion. Feel free to ask for additional links for verification.

Pre-Cataclysm raid experience:
Naxxramas - Cleared – Dedicated Few
Obisidan Sanctum - Cleared – OS3D
The Eye of Eternity - Cleared
Ulduar – Cleared – Glory of the Ulduar Raider
Coliseum Normal - Cleared
Coliseum Heroic – 4/5
Ruby Sanctum - Cleared
Ruby Sanctum heroic – 0/1
Icecrown Citadel Normal - Cleared
Icecrown Citadel Heroic – Cleared

Cataclysm raid experience:
Blackwing Descent 10/25 - 5/6
Blackwing Descent Heroic 10/25 – 0/6
Bastion of Twilight 10/25 - Cleared
Bastion of Twilight Heroic 10/25 – 0/5
Throne of the Four Winds 10/25 – Cleared
Throne of the Four Winds Heroic 10/25 – 0/2

4. What do you feel has been your most challenging encounter and why?

Note; I was Protection Warrior at this point. Smile

Lich King 10-player Heroic was probably the most difficult encounter I’ve ever defeated. Killing the Shambling horrors in a timeful manner. Timing Intervene for propper Safeguarding the off-tank, who soaked Soul-reaper, Timing cooldowns for soaking spirits, leading the way in Frostmourne; and offcourse the ridiculous damage going on in general. Obviously, there’s also the spirits in the transistion phases who easily could slice any clothie up in a single hit. The taste of victory had never tasted better, I tell ya’.

5. Please indicate with % your chances of raiding on the following days: (We raid evenings 19:30 - 22:30 game time)

- Wednesdays 95%
- Thursdays 95%
- Sundays 95%
- Mondays: 95%

6. Please post a screenshot of your UI as stated in the above post.

Hakaru - Tauren Balance Druid Mybalanceui

Note: Omen isn't visible, as the dummies have no threat-table.

7. Do you have a stable internet connection?

Yes.

- E. Extras -

Is there anything else you wish to add?

I hope to hear from you guys sooner or later.

- Thanks for your time
Back to top Go down
Wolfcan

Wolfcan

PostSubject: Re: Hakaru - Tauren Balance Druid   Hakaru - Tauren Balance Druid EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:36 pm

First of all: Applaus for a very good application! I'm half erected and smiling after reading this!

I got no experience with owls ingame, so I might ask some questions thats not a big deal:

1. Bot cleared.....is Cho'gal killed on another character since armory says 3/4?
2. Have you tried hc bosses?
3. Played around with askmrrobot with your character, and it states you dont use BIS gear thats easy obtainable (easy bosses, valor). Is askmrrobot wrong or you?

Your new best friend

Wolfcan
Back to top Go down
Hakaru

PostSubject: Re: Hakaru - Tauren Balance Druid   Hakaru - Tauren Balance Druid EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 1:20 am

Thank you for the applaus and obviously, the fast reply.

Furthermore, I'll gladly address the issues, in which you so righteously pointed out:

1. As I said, I'll gladly verify the stated experience. I've cleared Throne of The four Winds & Bastion of Twllight on my Protection warrior.

2. Honestly, not from this tier of content. My current and hopefully former guild, did put me in a situation where I simply didn't get a chance to do so.

3. I am quite aware of the different stats' value and therefore, also which items are better than one another. However, when gearing up, there's a lot of factors that Ask Mr. Robot doesn't account for. E.g other casters in raid, drop chances and detailed accessibility. However, that doesn't account for the poor choice of Valor-epics. Initially when "the secondary group" that I was to become a part of was formed, there was a overflow of tanks in-guild. One of us had to stand down and gear up a ranged damage dealer. That guy was me. Initially and obviously, I weren't as... dedicated to the whole Balance thing in hope of getting my tank spot back, but in time, my interest grew vastly and thus my knowledge. Now, in the present day, I am quite aware of the lacking BiS items, but as I recently returned from a 1 month break, I haven't had the time to correct em' just yet. Off course, I'll get to work with as soon as possible.

- Yours sincerely

Hakaru
Back to top Go down
Hakaru

PostSubject: Re: Hakaru - Tauren Balance Druid   Hakaru - Tauren Balance Druid EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 1:23 am

-.- Bloody link failed me again. Or was it I who failed the link? Nevertheless:

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonmaw/valonar/advanced (85 Tauren Protection Warrior o' mine /w the stated eperience).
Back to top Go down
Matovilka

Matovilka

PostSubject: Re: Hakaru - Tauren Balance Druid   Hakaru - Tauren Balance Druid EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 1:45 am

I have a very important question for you as balance druid:

Can you apply Faery Fire 3 times on a boss, and keep it up during the fight?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/chokolada
Hakaru

PostSubject: Re: Hakaru - Tauren Balance Druid   Hakaru - Tauren Balance Druid EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 2:35 am

It's much to ask for, Mato. You do realize that I'm from Denmark, right? We consider things like staying sober as difficult. However,
I'll off course attempt to be as utile and versatile as possible. If you haven't got the armor debuff, I'll gladly supply it.

- Hakaru
Back to top Go down
bigfishmn

bigfishmn

PostSubject: Gj   Hakaru - Tauren Balance Druid EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 2:49 am

+1 from me for writing in blue
Back to top Go down
Bettsie

PostSubject: Re: Hakaru - Tauren Balance Druid   Hakaru - Tauren Balance Druid EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 2:51 am

whisper bettsie or valatorr in game for trial and chat.
Back to top Go down
Matovilka

Matovilka

PostSubject: Re: Hakaru - Tauren Balance Druid   Hakaru - Tauren Balance Druid EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 9:32 am

+1 if I can have my 12% armor debuff Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/chokolada
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hakaru - Tauren Balance Druid   Hakaru - Tauren Balance Druid Empty

Back to top Go down

Hakaru - Tauren Balance Druid
Page 1 of 1